From DesMoinesRegister.com – A truck carrying about 24,000 pounds of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches was overturned on US 52 in Iowa last Monday morning. The accident caused the US 52 to be closed between Durango and Sageville. Children in Iowa were served fish sticks instead. Do you like fish dicks?
From GM.com – GM has finally put up the “rules” about thier 60-day money back guarantee:
In order for You to qualify for the repurchase of Your Eligible Vehicle:
* The Eligible Vehicle must be a new 2009 or 2010 model.
* You have purchased an Eligible Vehicle and taken Delivery between September 14, 2009 and November 30, 2009.
* You must be able to deliver to the Participating Dealership a clean and unencumbered title to the Eligible Vehicle, which title has remained in Your name since the Delivery Date of the Eligible Vehicle.
* You must be an individual natural person who is the title owner of the Eligible Vehicle. Businesses, corporations and partnerships do not qualify.
* Your Eligible Vehicle’s odometer must not have more than 4,000 miles since the Delivery Date.
* Your Eligible Vehicle must have been registered and insured in the Buyer’s name since the Delivery Date.
* Your Eligible Vehicle must have no more than $200 of damage as determined by GM or GM’s agent. Such damage may include, without limitation, internal or external scratches, scrapes, dents, odors, rips, burns, etc.
* Your Eligible Vehicle may not be leased.
* Your Eligible Vehicle must have been returned to a Participating Dealership where You purchased it, in the same working order as it was on the Delivery Date.
* Your Eligible Vehicle must not have incurred damage or non-warranted repairs in excess of $200, regardless of whether such damage has been repaired.
* Your Eligible Vehicle must not have been subject to any liens or other security interests other than a lien for the original financing used to purchase the Eligible Vehicle.
* A minimum of thirty (30) days must have passed since the Delivery Date of Your Eligible Vehicle.
* Only one Eligible Vehicle may be returned per household.
* Your Eligible Vehicle must pass a purchase inspection conducted by GM or GM’s agent.
The rules sound pretty reasonable, aside from the fact that damages must be under $200. Would this convince me to “try out” a GM…nope.
From the BBC – Lotus has returned to Formula One! I personally have just started watching F1. I wonder if the Lotus Elise fan boys will help add to the number of viewers from the United States.