Our friends over at Magnus Motorsports in Toronto, Canada, introduced a cast aluminum manifold for the 2003 – 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII / IX not too long ago and we’ve finally got our hands on it! With a total capacity of 5 liters, this manifold should produce some great power gains on the in-house Evo IX, even though it’s in relatively close-to-stock trim.
Cast in A356 Aluminum with a wall thickness of 3/16″, the plenum design features a varying contoured tapered profile at a volume of 5 liters. The runners feature an integrated velocity stack that gradually transitions into the head port profile. It was designed entirely against the shape of the original cylinder head port taking advantage the 10° port entry of the EVO head maintaining un-interrupted laminar flow. A quick peek at the CFD drawing shows even air flow and pressure across all intake runners, something that’s hard to believe at first. We are planning to use the stock throttle body to baseline the performance of the Magnus cast intake manifold, then work our way up to a bigger throttle body configuration. The manifold will work with throttle bodies up to 100mm and showed gains from 30 awHp to 52 awHp with varying setups.
V5 Cast Aluminum EVO Intake Manifold Features:
- Cast from A356-T6 Aluminum Alloy
- Enhanced flow dynamics utilizing CAD Modeling & CFD simulation
- Flowbenched and dynamically tested
- Dynotested proven up to 50 HP
- Ability to flow 100 lb/min (1000 HP) of air at 60PSI while maintaining equal flow distribution
- Can be installed in stock location with clearance for original battery (with adaptor)
- Install kits feature heat barrier gaskets, and adaptor plate to run stock throttle bodies (easily upgradeable). Remote map sensor boss is optional for use with factory ECU’s
- Stock turbo gains up to 40HP
- 15 degree entry to the throttle body facilitates intercooler plumbing
- Can be configured for 8 injector setup.
- Fits factory fuel rail or Magnus high flow fuel rails
- 5L plenum with contoured velocity stacks molded into the floor for huge top end and minimal turbulence
- Magnus Quality and Lifetime warranty
8600 Keele St., Unit # 33
Canada L4K 4H8